HEARTSAVER BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS
Our Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course is a classroom course that teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials. Are you prepared?
This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
OSHA Safety Corporation uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training.
Course Length: 4hrs | CFR Reference: 1910.1030 | Course Required By: OSHA
Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
• Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace. • Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the
• Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace.
Ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback from an instructor.
• Content is based on the PACT acronym to reinforce critical learning points. • Designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for
bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
• Available for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training.
• Each student receives their own high quality course materials (80-1491).
• Students receive Participation Certificate upon course completion.
Upon completion of Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Training, students will be able to identify hazards associated with workplace hazards. Students will receive class room demonstrations and receive Bloodborne Pathogens Guide and are required to pass a test. Upon successfully completing this course students will receive a certificate of completion and wallet card.
This course is designed for anyone with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as:
• Correctional Officers
• Childcare workers
• Security guards
• Maintenance workers
• School personnel
• Hotel housekeepers
• Health and fitness club staff
• Tattoo artists